Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother's Day Baking

With 'Mother's Day' only a couple of days away my thoughts have turned to having my mother and mother-in-law for afternoon tea. I have been flicking through a few recipe books looking for some inspiration on some treats to bake. I will dust off the silver, my grandmother's cut crystal vases and my pink floral Royal Doulton tea set and will serve them up afternoon tea with a bit of style! I love these cakes with their lashings of vanilla frosting and the cute paper bunting decoration. This is a bit of novel idea for me so I am sure both of the mums will be impressed! Along with a batch of scones, some dainty sandwiches and fresh flowers I am sure a lovely afternoon will be had by all!


 


 

Xox
Melissah

Images via Pink Lemonade Design, Absolutely Ladylike, Cupcakes and Cashmere

1 comments:

annie@mostlovelythings said...

All of these images are divine...I love the little floral flag banner decorating the first cake and the miniature cake plates are wonderful too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...