Friday, July 6, 2012

Indulge in Luxury






 



 


 I love decorating with beige ~
 it always lends itself to creating sophisticated and classical interiors.

I bought my first apartment in my early thirties - it was in a beautiful, grand period building in St Kilda with a handful of gracious apartments boosting high ceilings detailed like an ornate wedding cake and a host of other beautiful architectural features. It reminded me of apartments I lived in Paris so when I first laid eyes on it I was sold in an instant. I decorated it in a French style with antique chandeliers, a limestone fireplaces, beige velvet sofas and gilded mirrors. It was this project that moved my career from fashion design into interior design.


Melissah xox

Images via 1, 2, 34, 5, 6, 7

Check out Scrapbook on tumblr and Pinterest  

3 comments:

Rosey Pinks said...

What a significant outfit! I would so wear that on a winter's day! The rooms also follow that same line significant,mature and beautiful!!! Have a beautiful and calm day!
Rosey Pinks xoxoxo

Ann said...

Luxury is oh so good...
only if you can afford it :(
I so love your images,
oh and I love Nicole in there
truly a pic of luxury personified.

Old Country Soul... said...

Oh how I would LOVE to sit at the gorgeous table!
~N~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...